Monday, July 9, 2018

Tender Hearts

This was a fun project I did in my art group. I cut words from a child's book (bigger text) and glued them down to a sheet of watercolor paper, which I had painted, pasted patterned tissue onto, stamped, and stenciled.


I carried it home and mounted it onto a board that I painted. (Leftover wood from Hubby's project.) I really enjoyed doing this. I always liked those magnetic poetry words, and considering these came from a Hansel and Gretel book, not bad.


If you look hard, you can see my Goddess. That and the big leaf stamp were carved from this amazing stamping sheet, which is easier to work with than old-fashioned linoleum block, and much cheaper. It's made by Speedball, and it's called Speedy Carve Block.

I mount lots of paper projects either on canvas or on wood, since I'm too lazy to go out and have things framed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...