Thursday, July 12, 2018

Puzzled

What's Puzzling You is the Nature of my Game
This one is for the Puzzle challenge at Three Muses. It’s been a long time since I did a challenge. It’s also part of my Index Card Series that I started a few days ago. (I must remember to decorate the box) It is on a 6”x4” “index card” that I cut from watercolor paper.


So I found a random drawing in an old sketchbook of mine from the eighties. She had the direct look in her eye that I was seeking. I scanned her and printed her on regular copy paper. Then I found a puzzle pattern online, which I printed on transparency paper. A warning here—I had a few major paperjams doing this part.

Then I started layering the different parts, and toning the whites down.


I wanted her eyes to stand out, so I carefully tore that part of the puzzle layer out. I had printed the text, since I’m equally bad at hand printing and stamping.I added some puzzle pieces and some torn colored paper to balance it. Voila! My puzzled lady is complete.



6 comments:

  1. Turned out really nice, Bravo

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This art piece is stunning. And your woman sketch is beautiful. Her eyes do stand out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your journey of creation. The result is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouaouh! I do love your artwork!
    You rock Deborah!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...