Sunday, July 8, 2018

Muslin and Leaves

I’ve been obsessed with leaves recently. Also obsessed with fabric. So I have been experimenting with painting on muslin and playing with leaves. I also love the rough edges of torn fabric. So I slapped some paint on a piece of material, and set it on a canvas that had been previously painted.

I had also been playing around with “tie-dye” with inks and alcohol. So I grabbed a few of those and arranged them on the canvas. The leaf was the fun part. I disovered that you can iron leaves flat. If they are old dried curling-up leaves, you can actually use steam. On a fresh leaf, you can iron it with a dry iron. I did this several times. I painted the leaf and and used a fine brush dipped in alcohol ink to bring out the veins.


I used Mod Podge to glue al the items to the canvas. This darkened all the colors, and I went back over with paint to give it better contrast.


I need to do a better job taking these pictures, and I need to do these posts on my computer, because Blogger is pretty wonky in my iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...