Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Up, Up and Away

This is for the Balloons challenge at Three Muses. I'm a little early, but I thought it would take longer to create this piece.
Click image to enlarge.
It all flowed from the squirrel and the balloon. I really wanted a mouse, but I didn't have a picture of a mouse, or a mouse to pose for me. I have a picture of a rat (we had a rat problem in the neighborhood for a while), but a rat would have taken everything in a different direction.

I created the balloons in Adobe Illustrator. The wallpaper, clock, and mirror were also created in Illustrator. The curtains were created in Photoshop using gradients. The rest was patched together from photos, including the squirrel, who was kind enough to pose on the bird feeder. The tabby is my cat Nigel.

12 comments:

  1. Love this, really fascinating composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very 3-dimensional. Deborah, so skilfully created, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clear crisp and cute...fantastic work Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, very dimensional and fabulous, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful creation, thers a lot to see! love the cat who is looking up at the bottom op the page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think one comment could do justice to this marvellous work of art. Love the view and balloon outside, the one inside with the obliging squirrel in the basket, the daffodils, the walls with the clever wallpaper, the shadows, the reflections..... it's all just marvellous, Deborah. And what a lovely cat you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this on Whisper. Fantastic piece Deborah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nigel! This is sooo interesting, Deborah.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Nigel looks exactly like our Tandy with the beautiful eyes. I love the scene you've created. It's whimsical and fun -- not to mention very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea using the reflection in the mirror! I have been considering buying Illustrator and now that I have seen what you can do with it I am even more tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots to look at and I really like your color usage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...