Friday, July 20, 2018

Magnificat

This is a 4x6 card made from watercolor paper, which I cut up with my Exacto knife. I think I need heavier paper, because they are all curling up, despite my efforts to flatten them with my blowdryer.

I had done a watercolor painting of my cat Chip (1988-2004) some years back. I scanned it and reduced it to fit an index card. Isn't scanning a wonderful tool? I can go through old artwork and use it to collage with without ruining the original.

Chip My MagnifiCat

Chip was a Hong Kong rescue cat that I brought to Colorado, and then a few years later to Florida where he lived out his days. He loved kittens, and raised several of them throughout his life. The above was his favorite sleeping position, and I often thought he looked like he was flying. We lost him in 2004 after we were displaced by a terrible hurricane. He simply wandered from my parents' property and never came back.

I'm submitting it to the Cat Challenge over at Sunday Postcard Art.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...